Thursday 16 April 2015

Zac

Yesterday  the grade sixes at our school participated in We are Silent. We weren't supposed to talk for 24 hours to show what it's like for millions of children around the world who don't have a voice. I thought it was a challenge, when others in your grade are talking and you wanted to say be quite or something like that. I think the hardest part were all the people trying to make you talk. At the canteen we had to write everything on white boards. I felt that the people who didn't want to participate but had to that they were just whispering to each other the whole day. I am not saying I didn't talk at all yesterday because I did talk as well. It was especially hard to ask questions when teachers were giving lessons. I would do it again because thought thing that you understood  was much easier with out the talking but asking questions if you didn't know was harder. I feel more aware now of what it's like for the kids around the world without a voice

No comments:

Post a Comment