Thursday 16 April 2015

Raquel's reflection for We are Silent

Yesterday my grade six class did a vow of silence. We were trying to raise awareness about people around the world who can't speak up for themselves. These people are being deprived of their basic human rights, and they need help. I think that the vow of silence was very fun to do. Yes, it was hard, but it was for a good cause. It was especially hard at youth, and I got really frustrated when I found out we were doing worship at the beginning and I couldn't sing! I am glad I had decided to start at 7:45 the previous night, so I could stop at that time during youth. It might have been really fun trying not to talk the whole time, though. Some of my youth leaders were really amazed that I could do that. They said it would be really hard for them as adults to do that. I think it was really great that we could do that for other people. Raising money for others is a good thing to do. I really enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment