Thursday 16 April 2015

Ethan

Yesterday the grade 6 classes raised money and awareness for kids who are silent. To raise money we collected pledges for donations then yesterday we were silent for 24 hours. I thought that was a good way to feel how children around the world were suffering from not having a voice. There were parts that were  really challenging like when your friends maybe from other grades can talk they ask you a question and you can't answer them. The most hardest part was when I was running canteen for lunch hour there would people asking for a juice and I couldn't answer I just had to do it. Then I knew I was being silent for a goood cause it was a lot of fun at the same time because all my friends were doing the same thing so we had support for anyone who had a hard time doing it. I could say that this was a learning experience to see how children around the world were suffering and people like us if you live in Canada or the United states we don't think about that stuff sometimes we can end up taking things for granted. So this made me think of what kids were going threw around the world and that we were very lucky to have what we have because if you think there are kids who can't even stick up for anyone or stick up for themselves because they can't have a voice that's what I learned from the vow of silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment