Wednesday 19 November 2014

Fair or not!

I believe Athenian democracy is not fair. I believe this because not only does everybody not get to vote or get a say in important things in their life but women were not aloud to to show there faces just there eyes. Another reason I strongly disagree with this kind of democracy is because one in three people were slaves in the city. I have a feeling in Athens it was more equity then equality. I believe that statement because People who were higher up in government were treated better. Slaves were not very well treated.Slaves were separated from their families and traded. Not only was it not right but it was cruel. I think they could've changed this by paying the slaves and not trading them and stop separating them from there families. I believe that the slaves should've got fed no matter what circumstances. I also think that the slaves should've got paid with money so if the slaves ended up not getting fed they could pay for food. Those are just a couple of ways that certain democercy could have been changed for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment